Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Grouped/Clipped Objects not aligning as a group in Illustrator

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, 

I have broken up and put this group of objects into on group, cascasding groups, and in a clipping mask but they refuse to align as a group. Instead they align to the artboard.. sorta.. real inconsistent. 

I have the Group or Mask selected, nothing is left out of the selection and I have selected "align to artboard" so I am lost on what is causing the issue. 

When I build other groups in Illustrator, even on this file, they align properly. It's just this one complex group.

Thanks for your help,

Matt

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Matt,

Any possibility that you could share a link to the problem file? It's difficult to figure out the problem just from your description.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're sure it's not grouped with something else, like empty text marginally outside your group?

If you draw a box to the visible bounds of the mask &/or group, does it align as expected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines