Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hardware advise

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can you advise if working in Photoshop, in Design, Illustrator will be smoother on the new laptop (AMD Ryzen™ 7 7735HS and integrated AMD Radeon 680M) than on the old desktop computer (Intel Core i5-2400, dedicated Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB )

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the specs of

-RAM and VRAM on new computer?

-RAM on old computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for showing interest
New laptop: 16 GB LPDDR5-6400MHz (Soldered), VRAM this is integrated graphics, not specified in the specification
Old computer: 32GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this the only computer system you are considering? The Ryzen CPU will be an improvement over an older Core i5. But 16GB of RAM is in my humble opinion a minimal amount of RAM for running current versions of Illustrator, Photoshop and other general purpose creative applications. That limited amount of RAM is made worse by the integrated graphics chipset. I prefer dedicated graphics cards that have their own on-board memory; they don't siphon away system memory and the RAM on the graphics board is often much faster. It's too bad the notebook has baked-in RAM; that's something I intensely dislike. It's tough to find a good notebook with removable RAM modules.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines