Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having issues trying to convert an eps vector from RGB to CMYK

New Here ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have downloaded a vector graphic that is an eps, but it's in an rgb colour mode. When I try to convert to CMYK I get a lot of colour change and the gradients go wrong.

Is there any way to correct this? please see before and after images below when converting.

I am simply changing document colour mode

Before-

SCR-20230519-mzle.jpeg

After-

SCR-20230519-mzoa.jpeg

TOPICS
How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The RGB color model has a significantly wider color gamut range than the CMYK color model. That's why you're seeing a lot of colors getting clipped when converting to CMYK. Whoever created the RGB-based graphic obviously did so without print-based work in mind; the graphic may only be meant for electronic screens.

Is the content in the EPS file vector-based artwork? If so you might be able to use the Recolor commands (Edit>Edit Colors) to manually adjust the colors. Another option would be manually editing the objects in the design, but it looks like that could be a very tedious process. If the imagery is pixel-based then it might need to be adjusted in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. No worries thats good to know, it look's like a very complex vector so definitely don't want to be manually editing objects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could try and export it as a pixel artwork and then convert that to CMYK in Photoshop.

The reason why this is not working is most probably this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tiqm5hdQA5A 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines