• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Illustrator 2021 Won't Load

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated to Illustrator 2021 (Mac), the program just freezes on the loading screen

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling using the Creative Cloud app twice and also tried the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool

Nothing has worked so far.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Hi all, 

We’re so sorry to hear about the inconvience this issue has caused.  There could multiple reasons why this would have happened. We have tried to consolidate the popular solutions that help in fixing these issues. Please try following these steps one by one and let us know how it goes:

Few users have confirmed that removing corrupt fonts has help them resolving these issues. Please try the steps suggested here (https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-illustrator-indesign.html)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you rebuild or migrate the old preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the default was to migrate old prefs. I think that's what I did. Should I rebuild?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I manually deleted all the Illustrator related plist files I could find in PREFERENCES folders. Still having the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a major lagging issue right now in with the new Illustraor 2021, I can't do any work without it freezing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd request you to try the troubleshooting steps provided on this help article & let us know if it helps.

If it doesn't, please use Log Collector Tool to share the app logs with us. It'll help us look into the issue & assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Mac OS 10.14.

I will double check the fonts but when I called Adobe customer care they
told me to disable all fonts (which we did) and I still had an issue.

I had to uninstall Illustrator 2021 and go back to Illustrator 2020 --
which works fine.

This is very frustrating because I was looking forward to using
Illustrator's new features

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with Illustrator not working after updating (and I tried a re-install) on the same operating system as you-- how did you go back to Illustrator 2020? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Adobe Creative Cloud app there is a list of installed applications.
All the way to the right of each item in the list is a three dot icon (...)

You can click on that icon to access some pop-up menu options, including:

- Uninstall
- Other versions

Before I uninstalled Illustrator 2021 I used that pop-up menu to install
Illustrator 2020 again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the advice in the article, but did not have the questionable fonts installed, so it wasn't helpful to me. It seems that several people have this issue -- so I hope a solution can be found quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the EXACT same issue. Working on a MacBook Pro, Mohave 10.14.6. I have checked all fonts and removed bad ones. I have used the cleaner tool and reinstalled the entire CC and programs. I am also running a lab of remote learners who are logging in to school computers from home. I can't have another set back right now!!! I sent my log in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i didnt ever realize i updated...it crashed in the middle of working. Now it wont start up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous.  It is taking me literally ten minutes to change a font.  Acrobat, PS, ID and ILL are all running at about 10 RPM.  UPDATE STAT ADOBE...this costs me money.  Money I seem to be required to pay monthly now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a day or so, things got back to normal.  I did uninstall and installed a fresh version of the latest interation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Cannot use Illustrator since the update to 2021 version few days ago. It just freezes on the splash screen... Will uninstall and try to install the 2020 version again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening for me too, none of the fonts in the related article are installed, but just freezes when I try to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Unfortunately the only fixes I managed are:

1. install the old version, AI 2020 and run that as backup

2. whole computer restart and then don't never ever close AI 2021. if it crashes, well.. restart.

it's a pitty that we pay for some products and they launch with these major bugs. this is a bug that does not offer us a product we pay for. shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care. They can login to your system tofix things.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

You need to be logged into your account and at the bottom right there is the chat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that. Customer Care rep was on my computer for over 2 hours trying
to fix things (and causing a lot of collateral damage with my fonts, etc.).
The person didn't communicate very well and was extremely slow. In the end
I had to give up because I can't stop working for much more than 2 hours.
😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is a bug. like a the "open a new file in RGB in PS to see transform anchors for text box" bug. 2 freakin' versions ago, still not fixed. and that is a productivity killer, guessing all the time the text box lines and working with them invisible.

oh well, $ is cash. we all work for money so yeah. let's hope 2021 will fix at least RGB PS bug and illustrator needs a restart bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I have tried all the fixes mentioned in this thread but still no luck. Is this a known issue that's been investigated or isolated to just a few users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Illustrator 2021 crashes on startup. Mac Pro (2009), MacOS 10.14.6,

Radeon RX 580 8 GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like I've got the same issue now, it was working perfectly fine yesterday I've gone to turn it on today and it just won't open. I've had to resort back to the 2020 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens to me right now. I was able to work fine until this eveing. Then AI 2021 crashed and nothing I try will let me open the program. I do not have the fonts in question enabled. Will try to go back to AI 2020 because I need to get work done. Where does this come from out of the blue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried installing Adobe Illustrator 2020 and it is crashing just like AI 2021 is crashing on start up. I have no way using Adobe Illustrator at the moment. What madness is this? I need to get my work done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines