Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP using "reflect" on lines with stroke profiles

Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an object I'm trying to flip, but whenever I flip it, the stroke profiles I've used on it, stay the same, resulting in something that is not an exact mirror image. Surely I am missing a step, or a there is a box I need to tick somewhere or something? I don't want to convert the image to a jpg or send it photoshop or anything bc I don't want to end up shrinking it down and losing data. And this is such a trivial issue, it seems like there should be a simple fix, but I can't find it anywhere! Please help!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

After the Outline stroke Effect, use the Transform Effect to reflect a copy from the lower right,

Screenshot 2021-03-08 at 22.29.55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

If the problem is an asymmetrical stroke profile, which does not reflect along with its path, with the reflected path(s) selected click the "Flip Across" button in the Stroke panel. Assuming that exists in CS5 — I don't remember.

Peter

tromboniator_0-1615244940081.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you modify or create the profiles? I cannot duplicate it with one of the default ones where both sides of the profile have the same value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But if you have width profiles with different sides, you coul use the Appearance panel Effect > Path > Outline Stroke and use the Transform Effedt with Reflect X and 1 copy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sort of a newbie with AI, and I am using CS5. Once I "outline stroke",
what do I do from there? Thanks for your help!

--
"No story lives unless someone wants to listen. The stories we love best do
live in us forever."

-j.k.
rowling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the Outline stroke Effect, use the Transform Effect to reflect a copy from the lower right,

Screenshot 2021-03-08 at 22.29.55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the problem is an asymmetrical stroke profile, which does not reflect along with its path, with the reflected path(s) selected click the "Flip Across" button in the Stroke panel. Assuming that exists in CS5 — I don't remember.

Peter

tromboniator_0-1615244940081.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines