• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with easy backlight effect

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope someone can help me with an easy way to create a effect like in the picture.  I'm trying to help some friends design a wrap for a business vehicle.  I'm trying to figure out how to creat the backlighting effect that's show in the picture.  So basicall it's going to be a geometric pattern that's back lit and fades out behine the geometric pattern.  

Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Elizabeth,

As I (mis)understand it, you have a background part partially covered by and partly showing through a foreground part with different elements.

I believe you can simply apply a certain degree of transparency to (each of the different elements of) the foreground part, through the Transparency panel by setting the Opacity.

To get the general darkening of the background part, you can use black (or black/grey) fill behind the other elements, possibly with a transition such as a gradient/blend/multiple paths.

You can use different transparencies for the different elements, such as higher opacity for the white/pale parts.

This will let the background parts show through to different degrees, which you can adjust until you are satisfied with the appearance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines