• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with laptop

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I'm needing get a laptop to start learning and start some small jobs with illustrator and I need a laptop to that. Unfortunately my budget is short now, around $600-$700. I'm considering buy a 2020 MacBook Pro (2.0Ghz Intel Core i5, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro W5130M) for now to start, and my question is, is a good choice? Can I have a better option with this budget? I appreciate any help. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Cristiano36089845qysz,

Thanks for reaching out. While the 2020 MacBook Pro you're considering might seem like a viable option, I would advise against it for a few reasons:

• Older Model: The 2020 MacBook Pro is a few years old now, and it may not offer the best performance compared to newer models, especially for graphic design tasks in Illustrator.

• Intel Processor: The Intel Core i5 processor in the 2020 MacBook Pro is decent, but it may not provide the best performance and efficiency compared to newer Apple Silicon (M1 or M2) processors.

• AMD Graphics: The AMD FirePro W5130M graphics card is also not the most powerful option for graphic design work, and it may struggle with demanding Illustrator tasks.

Given your budget, I would recommend considering the following alternatives:

• Apple Silicon MacBook: Look for an older MacBook Air with the Apple M1 or M2 chip. These newer models offer significantly better performance, efficiency, and compatibility with Illustrator compared to the 2020 Intel models. Also, the M2 MAC mini with an external display is a good contender.

• Windows Laptop: You can also consider a Windows laptop with specs like an NVIDIA RTX 3050 graphics card and at least an Intel 13th-generation i5 processor. Look for models with at least 16GB of RAM for smoother performance.

• Consider Used/Refurbished: With your budget, you might find better deals on used or refurbished laptops that offer better performance than the 2020 MacBook Pro.

Ultimately, the choice depends on your specific needs and preferences, but I would recommend prioritizing newer hardware and better specs for a smoother experience with Illustrator (https://adobe.ly/4ca88Hs).

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any further questions!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines