Help with removing annoying Wacom Driver Message

Participant ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At one time, my iMac did have a Wacom device installed, but was removed at least 2 years ago. Now with the latest Illustrator ver. 25.6, this message keeps popping up. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-26 at 8.26.03 AM.png
I have done a search for "wacom" in my user library and I am not finding anything.

Screen Shot 2022-08-26 at 8.30.06 AM.png

And when I click on that "learn more" from the Illustrator pop window that goes here: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-cc-crash-wacom-drivers.html, there is nothing on that page that helps me figure out what is going on. Please help!

TOPICS
Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you try the steps shared in this Wacom help article to remove the Wacom drivers, relaunch Illustrator after that, and share your observations: https://support.wacom.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500006264541-How-do-I-uninstall-manually-and-re-install-the-Wacom-driver-on-Mac-OS-for-a-Pen-Tablet-Pen-Display-or-Pen-Computer-.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Hello mikey_likes_it,

Thanks for confirming that. You may want to try rebooting your computer in Safe Mode and then deleting the remainder of the files to check if it helps.

Kindly update this thread if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Regards.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you try the steps shared in this Wacom help article to remove the Wacom drivers, relaunch Illustrator after that, and share your observations: https://support.wacom.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500006264541-How-do-I-uninstall-manually-and-re-install...

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That helped. However, I for whatever reason can't get this one item to be trashed. I simply can't force quit it.

Screen Shot 2022-08-26 at 11.31.37 AM.png
As far as getting the pop up window to stop showing up, those steps you shared stopped it from showing up.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello mikey_likes_it,

Thanks for confirming that. You may want to try rebooting your computer in Safe Mode and then deleting the remainder of the files to check if it helps.

Kindly update this thread if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Regards.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines