• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hide recently used fonts

Participant ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In previous versions of Photoshop and Illustrator, you could hide recently used fonts from appearing first in your font list by updating a setting to "0". However, since the 2018 update, Illustrator uses a drop down with a numbered list of 1-15 with no 0 option.

How can I hide these from appearing?

I often do a lot of font matching and it's more difficult when I have to scroll/search to find the alphabetical location of my last used font. (For example, if I'm trying to find the right variation of Brush Script, they are categorized separately as Brush Script BT, Brush Script LT, and Brush Script MT.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Go to Edit>Preferences>Type then select how much you want in Number of recent font. See the below screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Illustrator CC2017.1 also does not let you set the value to 0 on the recent font list dropdown. Am I missing something?

You may add a feature request for it here: Adobe Illustrator Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit>Preferences>Type then select how much you want in Number of recent font. See the below screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except the lowest I can go is 1. I'd like to have 0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much it worked for me 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. When I'm scrolling through fonts, sometimes it gets stuck as the text I'm using isn't compatible with the font. I used to just use the drop down and select the font after it but now it resets to the top to show the most recently used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is SO frustrating when the font of the text I selected appears at the top of the font list, and I then have to scroll all the way to that font to check out the next one.  Adobe, there should be a way to turn OFF the recently used font listing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator CC2017.1 also does not let you set the value to 0 on the recent font list dropdown. Am I missing something?

You may add a feature request for it here: Adobe Illustrator Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will add my feedback, thank you. I checked my 2017 version, and it does not always jump to the top of the font list like 2018 does. So, it's not an issues of recently used fonts, but of how 2018 automatically selects the font at the top of the font menu *every time*.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it a new feature to jump at the top of the font list, everytime? Or is this a bug? Because it's very inconvenient, having to to through all my font to get to the one i selected, so i can change it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has only been partially answered! The bug still persists, which is, 2018 always jumping to the top of the font menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so frustrating... I have the same problem and its so annoying. I work with fonts all day and it makes me want to rip the hair of my skull... Still no one have any answers to this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so I found that if you don't click into the font dropdown, just highlight the font, you can tick down with your arrow keys through the fonts without being bumped up to the top of the alphabet font list. This was the issue I was experiencing so if anyone else was having that issue, I hope that helps you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that tip. I tried it out, and you can tick down or up the font list, but you can't *see* the list, which would be good if you wanted to jump down a number of fonts. So if you click on the font menu to see where you are in the list, it takes you back to the top of the list!!!!!1111. This is ridiculous, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah im wondering the same thing as well. take it nobody has figured out how to get it to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, If I already know it's not Futura, I don't want to have to press down 50 times to get through all the styles in order to get to Frutiger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reverted back to 2017. My subscription comes up for renew in Feb. If all these crappy unproductive updates are not fixed, I will not be renewing anything with Adobe and unfortunately will have to say goodbye to them and take my money elsewhere. Sad, each update since CS6 has basically taken adobe products backwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want something changed, don't post it here, but there:

http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines