Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hindi Characters Not Displaying Correctly

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to create an alphabet in Hindi, but the combined consonants are not displaying correctly. I've tried using Myriad Devanagari and Adobe Devanagari. They look fine when I plug them into Adobe Fonts online, but when I put them into Illustrator, they are broken apart. Screenshots attached.

Thanks!

Morgan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Mentor , May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Don't quote me on this, but I think you need to change the language that Illy is using.

This may help: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/asian-scripts.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

That worked! Thank you so much.

To recap for users wanting a quick answer:

1. Go to Illustrator > Preferences> Type> Select "Indic Languages"

2. Go to the fly-out menu for "Paragraph", select "Middle Eastern & South Asian Every-line Composer"

3. Go to the character section, look for the drop down menu for the languages, and change it to "Hindi"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Mentor ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't quote me on this, but I think you need to change the language that Illy is using.

This may help: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/asian-scripts.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked! Thank you so much.

To recap for users wanting a quick answer:

1. Go to Illustrator > Preferences> Type> Select "Indic Languages"

2. Go to the fly-out menu for "Paragraph", select "Middle Eastern & South Asian Every-line Composer"

3. Go to the character section, look for the drop down menu for the languages, and change it to "Hindi"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @MorganKadric,

We're glad to hear that your issue has been resolved. To help other users with similar problems, would you mind marking the answer as correct? We appreciate your contribution to the community. Let us know if you have any more questions or concerns. We're always here to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2023 Sep 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also trying to develop an application for a website gyanibaba.net which will generate a PDF report with user's details in Hindi. Users will provide their bio-data information in just two lines and I'll use this AI and provide full bio-data. But facing some challenges with the Hindi Font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue with extraneous charcacters appearing in hindi text. Please see screenshot. I am using the font Martel with ai v28 on mac OS 12.7.1. How can I resolve this issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_2023-12-04-12-51-38-307_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

 Deepak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screenshot_2023-12-04-12-51-38-307_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

 Deepak

By @Deepak34321020ygi1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines