• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hotkey for "Export Selection" Command

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to export many selections in Illustrator and I'm looking for a hotkey for the Export Selection command instead of clicking File > Export Selection each time. A hotkey would streamline the process, but I have yet to find one. I have looked around online and I have searched through the list of Illustrator hotkeys on Adobe's website. Any assistance would be appreciated!

TOPICS
Feature request , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

You may assign a custom shortcut in the Edit menu > Keyboard Shortcuts dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may assign a custom shortcut in the Edit menu > Keyboard Shortcuts dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to ensure I am not cancelling out an existing hotkey, without studying the Illustrator hotkey list and cross-referencing my planned hotkey to make sure it is not already in use? Will Illustrator inform me that the hotkey is already in use or just overwrite it without notifying me first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illy shows what shortcut already has that key combination...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Illustrator will inform me of an existing hotkey or yes, Illustrator will overwrite it without notifying me first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illy shows what shortcut already has that key combination...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may take a closer look at the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog. There you can also save and choose different shortcut sets. This way, conflicts or unwanted overwritings should be prevented anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines