• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I change the workspace background color from gray to white.

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to CC2017, having used CS5 for years. I use the workspace outside the page layout as "scratch paper", but am finding it very distracting with the gray background. I want the background to be white to be able to see what I am doing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Since my preference display looks different from Barbara's I will post a similar screenshot here for CC2017:

2017-04-18_11-49-24.png

Best,

EW

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Preferences you can change the background to white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since my preference display looks different from Barbara's I will post a similar screenshot here for CC2017:

2017-04-18_11-49-24.png

Best,

EW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot posted by  Barbara seems to be from an older version of Illustrator and your's the latest one, however both are the correct way to get the white interface in Illustrator.

Capture.JPG

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The first screen capture was from CC 2015. The screen capture below is from the most current version, CC 2017. It has the same kind of settings.

If you want WHITE instead of BRIGHT, once you click on "Brightness: Light", you can click the radio button for "Canvas Color: White", which is what DesignWright originally requested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines