• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I copy and paste a slice into another Illustrator document or save it as a PDF?

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to tile a sewing pattern and am using the slice tool, but when I go to save the slices I can only figure out how to save them as PNGs or JPGs. When I save them this way the lines look a little distorted and I'd like them to look clean. If there's a way for me to save them as PDFs or copy and paste my slices into another document to be saved as PDFs that would be great. Any help with this is greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try using artboards instead of slices, you can then export each artboard to jpg or pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Slices are a rather old feature aimed at web development. It's not suitable for your type of work: Slices and image maps in Illustrator

Artboards are the way to go as described by CarlosCanto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines