• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I create a shortcut to execute a script?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to create a shortcut on the keyboard as Ctrl+L to execute a script file on the illustrator how can I do this?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

install the script so it's accessible from the File->Scripts Menu, then record an action to run such script and give it a shortcut key.

It'll help if you create a new Set to record your action into. That way you can save your Action. Sometimes Illustrator "forgets" the script after restarting, if that happens you can easily Load the action instead of re recording.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

install the script so it's accessible from the File->Scripts Menu, then record an action to run such script and give it a shortcut key.

It'll help if you create a new Set to record your action into. That way you can save your Action. Sometimes Illustrator "forgets" the script after restarting, if that happens you can easily Load the action instead of re recording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Side note (for future questioners😞

This works only with CC 2018+

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on CC2019 (Mac) and this is not working for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use "Insert Menu Item..." when recording the action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ton, yes Illustrator will find the menuItem when I search for it, but when playing the Action, Illustrator tells me the menu item is currently not available Thanks Stefan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the menu item is the script you added in the recording? Works for me also after restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ok, now it works. Skript is only an alert as a test. But I have to have a document open to run it.Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines