• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I remove spot colors?

Contributor ,
Oct 09, 2012 Oct 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still working on changing a document I didn't create. It needs to be CMYK, but I keep getting error messages when I save it that there is a spot color. I saw one spot color in the Swatches (at least I seem to remember that's what the little dot in the corner means) and I double clicked it and changed it to CMYK. And I selected the one item that seems to have that color and I changed it to the CMYK version. But the swatch still has the corner dot and I still get the error message when I save.

What am I missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 09, 2012 Oct 09, 2012

You need to change both of these to remove the dot.

Screen shot 2012-10-09 at 9.01.24 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to change both of these to remove the dot.

Screen shot 2012-10-09 at 9.01.24 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also select everything in your document and choose Edit > Edit Colors > Convert to CMYK. This will convert all spot colors to process but will not delete the spot color swatches and they will become unused. You can select them by choosing Select All Unused from the menu of the Swatches panel and then delete them. If needed you can create new swatches choosing Add Used Color from the same menu when nothing is selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did Edit > Convert to CMYK and I still have a bunch of spot colors in my document. If I check my swatches there are a bunch of spot colors in there, but the Color Type (spot color) option is greyed out. I have no idea how to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They may be in the swatches panel, but not used in your document.

Select in the Swatches panel > Select all Unused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SOLVED: Turns out there was a placed eps file that was the problem. It had a bunch of colors (10 or more) that were spot colors. I embedded the file (as oppsed to linked) and selected the logo and did the Edit Colors > Convert to CMYK trick and that solved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines