May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how accurate is necessary? you could draw it (by coincidence in my job I've drawn many rear screens) with the pen tool, but nothing you take from a photo will ever be perfectly accurate, let alone a poor quality photo like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kindly tell me how can i get the accuracy, i draw it many times with pen tool by tracing this image, but couldnt get the accuracy, kindly help me out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i want to draw its border and lines and then make a negative of it for screen printing. so i need 99% accuracy. can you help me @Doug A Roberts. Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you mean you need to screen print on to the rear screen itself? is that why the accuracy is necessary?

what do you mean you 'couldn't get the accuracy'? what problems did you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i need to screen print on the rear screen, i also have a screen with no lines and black borders, so first i need to design that borders and lines with accurate measurements and then i make a screen print of it and by using paint enamel i print it on that blank screen,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the best thing you can do in my opinion is to get a large sheet of newsprint or something similar, tape it over the screen and draw round it or cut it out, then flatten it and take measurements from that. the only way you'll get close with illustrator and a photo is by continually going back to the screen and measuring and making adjustments by trial and error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i already try that way by using tracing sheet or Butter paper, but that is so much time taking, can you suggest me any other solution because i have too much screen except that one,

you said that you draw the rear screens how did you do that, where you get the measurements or sizes of the screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't need my drawings to be accurate, just representative.

i don't know what you're expecting here. you're trying to get an accurate, flat, drawing from a photo of a curved surface. how would you envisage a method that wasn't time-consuming?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you want to make a dieline. and you are asking how to make it. But without measurements. how do you expect it to be accurate? you are working from a photo, all you can do is trace or you can make your own drawing matching what you see in the photo ,but as far as measurement. Again. how can you do it without getting measuring tape out. going out to measure that window and make it in illustrator from scratch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your are right, i get the measurements from the window but when i make that vector according to the measurements that is not same as like the window at the end, i think i didn't know how to work with the measurements in illustrator, can you suggest something about measurements,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shows the file you have. and show us the measurements you came up with. And show us where you find the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.jpgJk10 new.png

jk 10 edit compressed.jpg

The size of the screen is 46.3x15 inches

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now the issue is when i take a print of this vector on tracing paper and place it on the window, from somewhere the border isn't match to the original ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing to check is to make a design a simple square an exact size like 8 x 8 inches. Print it, measure it. Quite often printers themselves are not accurate. So make sure your printer is accurate before trying to fix the software...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George.

The main problem is not about your drawing or knowladge on program.

The problem is about your thinking way of real life surfaces and 2d plans of them on screen (or paper)

Simply, The shape you've drawn can not be the real exact shape of that window. Becouse that window has a curved, bulbous structure. You can not perfectly take this by 2d.

I designed so many (may be hundereds of) car wrappings. We design our main things inside that measured safe ara and do not think about its exact frame. Workers cut the material (foil) bigger. They wrap it over and cut out the excesses.

With this, some parts do not fit and usually some pleats, hangings appears. (that is your main problem) The car wrapping foils are elastic and workers use blow-dryer to beat it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can you please elaborate that more, or you have any video that shows me that how can i fix the issues that i faces. because i just need to draw that rear screen borders and lines (as shows in pictures that i've commented) with 99% accurate measurements, then print a negative of it and then make a screen print from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any video, sorry.

What is your material that you want to screen print on? For example, if it is a paper, paper will not fit exactly on that window surface. Becouse that window made in a bulged, curvy shape. But the paper is not. Simply think of that:

"Can you make a halfsphere by using a paper?"

No, not. You have to fold it or cut somewhere etc. That is the main issue, you see? Your printed material will not exactly fit on.

But nearest advise may be... If i were you, i could try this:

Get a measuring tape and start measuring the windoe from the very top of it. Then measure 1 inch below the first. Then do the same until you finish.

The most helpful thing here is to measure the window itself with a tape measure. After that you can draw it in illustrator. If you confirm the real measurements of the window, illustrator has got tools and very sensitive seetings to draw it.  Those are some very main another issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i make a screen print from that window and then screen print on the transparent window,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your curves are off look at this two little screenshot up close.

Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 4.05.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 4.05.32 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines