• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I bend or curve an object I created?

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ribbon.png

I created the above object. How do I bend/curve it so that there's an arc to it? Trying to create a ribbon banner.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

One way is to use :

Effect -> warp

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way is to use :

Effect -> warp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use Effect > Warp > Arc... and adjust the amount of Bend in the Warp Options dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a brush from it. Art brush with spacing by guides should offer you the possiblities you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add to what MohammadHarb and Myra Ferguson said, If you want type on this "banner," select both the type and the object and Group (Object > Group). Then add the Effect. Effect > Warp > Arc.

The same is true of Monica Gause's suggestion, if you want type as part of your Art Brush, Outline the Type (Type > Outline Type), group with the "banner," and drag into the Brushes panel to make an Artbrush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brandon,

To add to what has already been said, whichever way you go, if you wish to keep the relative proportions (avoid stretching) you need to take more specific measures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines