• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change the color of the selected white rectangle to transparent?

Enthusiast ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022-10-14_20-33.png

So far as I know, that rectangle is the AI document, is that right?

I have a white SVG rectangle with brushed edges on it.

When I see this in Adobe Bridge file manager, I can only see a white rectangle, and that's not good because I must see that it has a transparent background.

Because when I place this into InDesign, for example, the background IS transparent.

And as you can see for the rectangle is set "no color", so I don't know why does it show as white in Illustrator and in Adobe Bridge, but not in InDesign? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check View > Show Transparency Grid?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022-10-16_15-40.png

Yes I did.

I bought these shapes with brushed edges as EPS, those icons with transparency that you see in Bridge on the screenshot, they are EPS.

What I did is that I opened the file in Illustrator, and I changed their fill color to white.

And I saved it as Illustrator files, and Illustrator appended the "converted" string to their file name.

Even though the new AI files are still transparent, I am unable to see the transparency in Adobe Bridge, not in the icons nor in the preview, as you can see it on the screenshot.

Any help would be much welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the Preferences in Bridge for Thumbnails?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022-10-16_16-06_1.png2022-10-16_16-06.png

These are my settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Show transparency" is ticked, yet it doesn't show for my AI files, but in the original EPS it shows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022-10-16_16-14.png

Now it shows.

No idea what happened.

I changed the setting to keep embedded color profiles and I regenerated my thumbnails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar experience with Bridge Thumbnails, some Illustrator files just don't show transparency whatever I try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that thumbnail and preview cache transparency will not get updated after conversion.

If you enable keep color profiles like I did and regenerate the cache, you still cannot see the transparency?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is all enabled and regenerated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines