Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change the presets on the home screen

Contributor ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator_Home_Presets.png

I would like to know how to place my own presets in this area... I work primarily in "inches" and all the presets are in Pixels. And there are some in there that I don't use.

I would like to set my own "Quick Start" items.

Please tell me there is a way.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, I don't think there is.

A shame as I might actually use the home screen if that was the case.

It appears as an issue on uservoice, but it looks like the admins didn't really understand the question and closed the topic:

Welcome screen Illustrator CC 2019 – Adobe Illustrator Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dug up a staff answer if more confirmation was needed:

Can you Customize the Home Screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can somewhat accomplish your goal by making a template. It won't show up on the Home screen in that area, though. Set up your document however you like, then go to File > Save as Template. Then when you want to use it, go to File > New from Template... and navigate to the .ait file you saved.

If you've used it recently, it will show up in the New Document dialog under Recent as Custom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is stupid and it would seem like an EASY thing to fix. Not very intuitive Adobe…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's important to you, you need to make a feature request at the Illustrator User Voice so people can vote to show it's important to them. (There are literally hundreds of active requests for features which different people this would be an "EASY thing to fix.")

Adobe Illustrator Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's important to me… It should be important to Adobe. Giving us a product that has a set of presets that we didn't choose, that many of us don't use, without any way to change it - other than turning off an otherwise helpful page… Yeah, I can see how it's important of me to put it out there in hopes they decide it's important enough to look into.

In my mind, it shouldn't even be an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're speaking to the wrong people here. We're not the decision makers. And trust me, EVERYONE thinks their feature is the most important one, the one that couldn't possibly not be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get that... but this shouldn't be a "Feature Request", it just should be. They have thousands upon thousands of U.S. based users and they are a U.S. based company, why force the UK standards on us and make us do some sort of workaround or turn off the startup page altogether?

Only my 2¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found these that you can still vote on... of course they should be merged really. This is the only channel we have unfortunately. Just vote, comment and wait.

Welcome Back To Illustrator screen customization – Adobe Illustrator Feedback

Customize Home Screen Document Templates – Adobe Illustrator Feedback

Customize page size shortcuts on Home screen – Adobe Illustrator Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines