• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I draw an outline of an acorn

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2024 Jul 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, complete newbie here to illustrator and indesign.

Im designing a brochure in indesign for a property we have built.  Id like to put 3 acorns on the front of the brochure - but only the outlines so if i change the colour of background page etc the middle of acorns will be same colour.

I have no idea where to start.

I have attached a picture of the acorns id like to recreate - ive tried using this but if i make background page blue these acorns are then in a white box on the page!

TOPICS
Draw and design , How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 17, 2024 Jul 17, 2024

@becciw47051515 You could also select the 'Placed' Image and do an Image Trace. Maybe choose High Fidelity Photo. When it's done the processing, click on Expand. With the direct delecttion tool (white arrow) or keyboard shortcut 'A' you can then select the outline and change the colour. 

See the vectorWireframes.png is the image trace of your acorn (shown in wireframe preview to show you what it looks like if vector) and image.png is what is in preview mode.

By using the 'direct selection' tool, y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

becci,

In order to ease your work with the Pen Tool, unless you wish to have deliberate asymmetry, you can draw one side, reflect and move copy, and join the two.

You can also draw the cap and the shell as separate paths, and then turn them into one path with Pathfinder>Unite (or other way).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@becciw47051515 You could also select the 'Placed' Image and do an Image Trace. Maybe choose High Fidelity Photo. When it's done the processing, click on Expand. With the direct delecttion tool (white arrow) or keyboard shortcut 'A' you can then select the outline and change the colour. 

See the vectorWireframes.png is the image trace of your acorn (shown in wireframe preview to show you what it looks like if vector) and image.png is what is in preview mode.

By using the 'direct selection' tool, you can manually select the outline to any colour you desire

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines