• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I make a simple hatch pattern (for fill) of my own customization?

Participant ,
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I must be over looking something here.  I am trying to make a hatch pattern in Illustrator CS6 with the pattern tool so I can apply a clean, single lined hatch to various shapes (some small some big - but the hatch needs to remain at the same seamless scale).  I understand that there is a Basic Graphics_Lines Pattern under the Swatches Palette, but I don't understand how to edit it with the Pattern Options dialogue box.

I must be missing something, becuase I wouldn't think making a single line at 45° repeat at the same spacing for a shape fill would be that difficult.  I shouldn't have to make a line with the pan tool at a stroke of 1000 with a 0.1-3 dash and make a clipping mask should I?

illustrator pattern nasty.JPGPattern Options.jpg

Basically I don't know how to make a pattern's lines match up when I do the 5x5 or 3x3.  I tried doing 1x1 and the result is that of the image with the red stroke...still not aligning.  Do I need to get mathematical with the size of the line i'm drawing and its stroke to allow H and V Spacing to work?

I'm completely lost and would really appreciate if someone could help me understand this....It just seems so arbitrary. and all the examples/tutorials i've seen of this tool are of floral patterns where arbitrary is okay.

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create the pattern at either horizontal or vertical angle.

Rotate after applying to the object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Daniil23940877b85y_0-1649332694370.png

Fill the path. Then right click on the path, select transform → rotate → uncheck „transform objects“. Choose desired angle for pattern. Enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines