• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I turn an image into just a logo?

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a picture of my logo but I just want the logo and not the picture.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What file format is it and what do you need to end up with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file format is JPEG image and it is a screeenshot of my logo that I got from my website. I want to end up with just the logo WITHOUT the white background that is included in the JPEG image screenshot. In otherwords I want to take the logo out of my website or JPEG image that I have and add it to adobe illustrator but I don't know how to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you just want the image without the background as it is, or do you want to do additional work on it in Illustrator?

If the former, it's probably better to do it in Photoshop. If the latter, describe what you want to achieve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on the quality of the image, you can use LiveTrace (How to edit artwork in Illustrator using Image Trace (adobe.com)) to convert it from Bitmap to Vector. LiveTrace includes the white background, but it's easy to delete that and just have the logo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your post generates more questions than answers.

You refer to "your logo."

• Is it yours? That is, do you own it?
  • How (and by whom) was it created originally?
  • Are you certain the original design is unavailable in its original vector format?
  • What exactly do you mean by "picture of" the logo? Is it just a rasterized copy, or was it literally snapped with a camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I concur with John Mensinger.  If it is your logo, then there is no need to take it off the internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. For better understanding, please share a screenshot of the logo and explain the issue as much as you can.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are multiple ways.  It really depends on the shape that you want to covert.

You can add an image to a layer, then turn that layer into a template.  That makes it lighter in color.  Then in the layers above it... you can rebuild the logo using the pen tool or shape tools.

Also, if you take a picture of an object (let's say an antique camera) sitting on a white background using the Adobe Capture App... you can take that image of the antique camera and turn it into a vector graphic.  This will upload directly to Illustrator and then you can use it as a vector graphic.  Recolor it or anything else that you want to do. Then that could be used as a logo for let's say a photographer.  This can be done with almost any object.

And that is not all.  There are millions of ways to create a logo.  So many YouTube videos as well with different techniques. It really depends on the logo you are making.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines