• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I zoom with Ctrl instead of Alt on Windows in Illustrator?

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows, the standard scroll-wheel zoom key is Ctrl. Pretty much everything follows this standard, including all web browsers, Word, Explorer, even Adobe Reader. Except Adobe softwares (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.). It uses the Alt key instead.

This drives me nuts. Switching between all of these programs has my fingers in a frazzle. I keep using the wrong key in the wrong program.

I tried to change it using Keyboard shortcuts panel, but Alt+Mouse Wheel is not an option. It doesn´t recognize Crtl + scroll wheel.

Is there a way to scroll-wheel zoom with Ctrl instead of Alt?

TOPICS
Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

You can't change it.

But there's a setting in the preferences > General that allows you to just use the scrollwheel for zooming.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't change it.

But there's a setting in the preferences > General that allows you to just use the scrollwheel for zooming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

in AI Version 25.0: Edit -> Preferences -> General -> Lowest tick box in the left column, "Force enable pinch to zoom on touchpad". Which also activates Ctrl + Wheel for zooming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines