• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Activate ALL adobe fonts

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are reading this and have not immediately taken me as insane,  i am looking to activate all of the adobe fonts at once.

The concept of activating a font now adays is really quite simple as next to the fonts in the "find more" tab is a small button that says "activate" pressing this will then add it to your adobe profile and can be used in your projects. There are a LOT of fonts, I have not counted but I know for a fact that having them all will be beneficial. 

my first thought when trying to solve my conundrum was to consult the many millions of voices on the Internet, alas no one seems to be quite as insane as I. My second and third idea was to come here and make this post asking for the many brains of the adobe creative circle to attempt to find a resolution. 

I have a few ideas on possible work arounds namely:

• going through and pressing the icon next to every single font in the extended
  • making a file with every font (or make a script to do it for me) and then when i open it on a system that doesn't have any of the fonts on it, the prompt will show up with the "activate all fonts" and BOOM
  • having a script/auto hotkey go and press all of the activate buttons for me 
  • literal magic and/or warping space time

Any more ideas would be greatly appreciated as well as any help achieving my ambitious goal

-sincerely Me

TOPICS
Feature request , Import and export , Scripting , Sync and storage , Third party plugins , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely no benefit for doing this, you'll have fonts loaded on your system slowing it down that you will NEVER use.

Having said that, grab font folio 11 and dump it in your fonts folder. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can personally attest to the fact that this WILL bog down your illustrator performance (particularly with launching the application) and it does not meaningfully improve the usability of the application when using lots of different fonts.

My advice is to look into a font manager that can conditionally enable fonts as you need them so that your Illustrator doesn't get bogged down trying to deal with all that stuff it doesn't need at the moment. Personally I use Font Agent Pro. I haven't used many other font managers so i can't say if this one is better than any others.. But it works well for my organization and our 10,000+ fonts that could be used at any time and need to be available to everyone in the production workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines