• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to apply the same edit across multiple and separate AI files

New Here ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several (too many to do individually) AI files that require the same edit. I need to remove the second layer of the image so that only the first layer shows. How can I do this without having to open, apply the edit, and re-save each individual file? I'm familiar with global editing but not when it comes to AI files that are all in their own separate file. In short; I need to remove the actual photo in each file so that only the line drawing remains. Thank you.

TOPICS
How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

You may try to record an action that deletes the image and use Batch to apply it to a folder of files.

Before recording (and before batch playing the action) you need to have an image on the clipboard.

Easy to do, just create a small object, choose Rasterize and cut the resulting image.

I recorded this with an open file with an image and vector layer.

Start the recording and Paste the image

Choose Select > Same > Appearance

Choose Edit > Clear

Stop the recording and use Batch to apply it to a fo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you need to open a file, select all placed images in it and delete them?

Or is it just some photos, and sometimes they are on locked layers and a couple of other things?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika, thanks for the reply. I need all of the images to be just line images without the actual product in the background but I have TONS of photos that I have to do this to. I'd like to be able to remove the layer showing the actual product to all files without having to do it individually to each file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may try to record an action that deletes the image and use Batch to apply it to a folder of files.

Before recording (and before batch playing the action) you need to have an image on the clipboard.

Easy to do, just create a small object, choose Rasterize and cut the resulting image.

I recorded this with an open file with an image and vector layer.

Start the recording and Paste the image

Choose Select > Same > Appearance

Choose Edit > Clear

Stop the recording and use Batch to apply it to a folder of files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This is exactly what I was looking for. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear that helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines