Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change default colour of Illustrator charts

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there a way of changing the default colours that are used whencreating a chart using the chart tool? I do not want to change the colours after the chart has been created, but I want to change which colours are used as default instead of shades of grey. My problem is that when I create a chart with many categories, Illustrator uses a specific shade of grey more than once, and it becomes difficult to identify what is what.

Please see images for reference of what the initial graph looks like and what happens when I try changing one colour with the recolor artwork tool.(text has been covered for privacy issues)

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create a chart style and assign it as a default in the appearance settings. I believe, though, that these functions are pretty broken in recent releases, so this may not work.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Could you explain how to create a chart style? Or maybe provide a link which explains this please? As I can't seem to find any info on how to create it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This page has all the info: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/graphs.html

But you cannot change the defaults.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines