• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change isometric drawing

Engaged ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My sincerest apology if this question does not fit the platform, I need urgent help.

I am very new to Isometric drawing. I am given one sample and asked to redraw and change the color only. But my picture does not match the given sample. I can say that angles are different but do not understand what or how to change. Can anyone please help me? The isometric method I followed in adobe illustrator is – for left- height 100%, vertical 86.602%, shear -30°, rotation -30°, and changed it accordingly for right and top.

Thank you. I just need some guidelines about angles or anything that can help me understand what am doing wrong.

ff.jpgFFF.jpg

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

THe sample you have been given reflects not what I would call isometric and using the typical method (it's called SSR = Scale Shear Rotate) you can't get that result.

You should ask your collaborators what they want: match their sample or isometric?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Isometric" seems to mean different angles to different people in different disciplines, but whatever the angles, when you're drawing multiple objects, the angles must be consistent across them. Your forefront building and the building to the right are drawn at considerably disparate angles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your kind reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THe sample you have been given reflects not what I would call isometric and using the typical method (it's called SSR = Scale Shear Rotate) you can't get that result.

You should ask your collaborators what they want: match their sample or isometric?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You save me again. Thank you so much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sample has no depth whatsoever. Everything is flat. The sides of the building are on the same plane as the front.

An isometric drawing (usually) has depth but, unlike standard drawing, has no perspective.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your kind reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines