Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Change the Background of a "relief" Shaded Button

Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to change the background of the button graphic below into a light pastel tan color. I don't want to alter the color of the mouse or mouse buttons.

I want to maintain the shading of the  button too.

I have Illustrator 2015 CC.

What are the steps.

Also, is it possible to increase the sharpness of the image.  It's not an SVG and is blurry at large sizes.

limulation.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

The graphic you attached is a flattened PNG. Do you have the original layered Illustrator file? If not, I'd recommend making the color change in Photoshop by masking out the mouse. As a raster graphic, it is going to be blurry at larger sizes. If you have to use a raster graphic, try to make it the largest size you need and scale down from there. If this image is all you have to work with, then you could try enlarging it and sharpening it in Photoshop, too.  If you have questions on how to make

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the orange button.

Edit >> Edit Colors >> Adjust Color Balance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The graphic you attached is a flattened PNG. Do you have the original layered Illustrator file? If not, I'd recommend making the color change in Photoshop by masking out the mouse. As a raster graphic, it is going to be blurry at larger sizes. If you have to use a raster graphic, try to make it the largest size you need and scale down from there. If this image is all you have to work with, then you could try enlarging it and sharpening it in Photoshop, too.  If you have questions on how to make the changes in Photoshop, you can post them in the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Myra:

I have the same problem with a different graphic.

Good suggestion.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow Myra thanks.

Yeah.  It's a PNG.  I got it from a co worker.

Yes. It really needs to be sharpened in Photoshop and then some more work done on it.  But you gave me excellent specific actionable items.

Have a great holiday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines