How to connect hundreds of anchor points at once to create a curve

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Using curvature tool, I create around 360 anchor points. All of them have their own coordinate values. At the end, it's turning into a torture to connect them by curvature or pen tool. 

Is there a way to connect all of them at once to get the curve?

I am kinda newbie makes me open for  suggestions to achieve my great aim of getting the perfect curve for a 5 armed spiral...

TOPICS
Draw and design , How to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are certainly more straightforward and easier ways to do that kind of construction, but what you can do is:

- Select all individual anchor points
- Object menu > Path > Join

After that you may want to simplify the path and make it smoother. To do so, use the Object menu > Path > Simplify command.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick and useful response Kurt. 

And also thank you for "simplify" suggestion. But I dont use it to keep the coordinate values of the curve intact.

So, would you or anybody tell the way they prefer, if we have the exact values which indicates the distance between the green circle & red dots?

Another way to say, I'd like to appoint the values on the left in order to construct curve at the end.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I don't know the overall purpose in this case, but if you are claiming that the exact coordinates of each single anchor point are crucial, I suppose it is rather some kind of scientific exercise. Smoothing the path would then be a no-no, of course.

That is, you might be just on the right track by doing it the way you are doing it now.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dinçer Dinç,

In addition to what Kurt said, it may be said that it is necessary to choose the least worst inacccuracies.

In this connexion, the exact values at specific points might call for polylines (as in AutoCAD), which are only accurate in those points, whereas smoothness might call for Bezier curves as here, with their different inherent inacuracies including those for the normal circles based on 4 Anchor Points that are known to give trouble enough to require amendments in some cases.

Another aspect is that there are countless kinds of spirals.

All in all, I believe it would help helpers help to know what the term perfect curve means to you.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines