• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to control the gradient within a gradient mesh?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I created this square and applied a gradient to the outline thickness, then I expanded the appearance which created this gradient mesh. I really want to create something like bottom shape where there is a crisp divide between the colors, anyone know how I could achieve that?

I tried dragging the colors in gradient editor as close as I could next to each other but it was still blurred a bit and not a crisp cut off.

Any help is much appreciated 🙂

TOPICS
Draw and design , How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

For a crisp divide you will need an additional mesh line very close to where you need it crisp.

Bildschirmfoto 2023-10-13 um 10.49.22.pngBildschirmfoto 2023-10-13 um 10.49.13.png

You can create that with the gradient mesh tool by clicking into the mesh where you want the line to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand the question, but maybe you could try this . . .

Create the beginning and ending shapes. Use the Blend command to get intermediate shapes. Expand the blend and use the Live Paint Bucket tool to fill the shapes with the colors you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! This is another way I could achieve this but I was looking more for along the lines of mesh gradient editing 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a crisp divide you will need an additional mesh line very close to where you need it crisp.

Bildschirmfoto 2023-10-13 um 10.49.22.pngBildschirmfoto 2023-10-13 um 10.49.13.png

You can create that with the gradient mesh tool by clicking into the mesh where you want the line to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!!! extremely helpful 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines