Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to convert color vector drawing to just a black outline

Contributor ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I downloaded a color vector drawing from vecteezy, then imported it into Illustrator. I can't remember what I did, but somehow I was able to convert it into a simple outline(black stroke) as would be used in a coloring book. I've tried so many things, I just can't reproduce my earlier success. Any help would really be appreciated. Also helpful would be to make the stroke thicker.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Select the artwork and then try if the strokes panel helps.

If not, try and use Offset path on the black shapes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I meant to, I was interrupted. The unicorn in color is a vector image. I did manage to find out how to turn into an outline, but I don't know how to make the outlines(or strokes?) thicker. I'm not even sure the "outline" are vector lines. I made a video showing how I did it, mostly so I won't forget. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mml9fh6mM2M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the artwork and then try if the strokes panel helps.

If not, try and use Offset path on the black shapes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that absolutely did the trick! Awesome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Monika , how we use offset path on the black shapes , i have vector drawings the first thing i understand fill stroke pannel that the guy share youtube link , and other method i didn't understand plz if you explain in detail.

thanks alot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you please show your artwork and explain what you want to accomplish and also what does not work for you. Please create a new thread, otherwise this one would get very messy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm trying to do also a coloring page from a picture. Can you share the link or the vector drawing please? 

I'm new in this and no idea how to easily turn it to a coloring page. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please create a new thread and post all information about what you need to create and also show us what you currently have. Is it vector artwork that you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines