• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a clipping mask to fill a paragraph of text?

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have a paragraph of text (black fill, no stroke) that I need filled with an object I created in illustrator (The object is a few colored squares with no stroek that are grouped) I want the text to be filled with the color of the squares that I created but nothing im doing is working, everytime I try to create the clipping mask, everything disappears. I tried rasterizing the text and then using the transperancy panel to mask and that made it so that the text was all outlined with the colors but not filled? Any help is greatly appreciated!! (photos below)

Screen Shot 2023-02-11 at 6.54.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-02-11 at 6.54.59 PM.png

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

If you use the Opacity Mask way in the Transparency panel, no need to rasterize the text, but you would need to check the Invert Mask option to prevent it from disappearing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to use the text as a clipping mask on the squares, not the other way around. You'll likely end up having to duplicate your layers a bunch of times to get the desired effect for each square.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you use the Opacity Mask way in the Transparency panel, no need to rasterize the text, but you would need to check the Invert Mask option to prevent it from disappearing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines