• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a line curving around a circle

Enthusiast ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I need to create a line that smoothly curves around a circle (see attached image for a poorly-hand-drawn example). I've tried a few different things, and I just can't get it to look right. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create the first circle; use Object > Path > Offset Path to make another circle outside of it. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 2.51.48 PM.png

Move the inner circle to a new layer above, lock it and turn off its visibilty. Draw a Stroke across the outer circle, and use Divide Objects Below to cut the circle. Delete the bottom section, then use the scissors tool to cut the bottom line of the remaining shape. Grab the center point, and move each side in turn to the outside, constraining the angle wtih the shift key. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 3.00.22 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 3.00.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-15 at 3.02.30 PM.png

Turn the inner circle back on in the layers panel. Select the outer shape, then select the a corner control and drag it until you are happy with the curve.

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 3.05.43 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh wow! This is so great! THANK YOU SO MUCH! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines