New Here ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched all over, but I can't find an answer. I'm looking for this panel:

y2EnHfh.png

but I only see this in my Illustrator:

VLEYf2W.png

How do I change the rounded rectangle's properties? I just want to adjust the corners to be more rounded or less rounded. I'm using Adobe Illustrator CC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please select the rounded rectangle in your file and then in the layers panel check what kind of object is listed. Is it a <path> or a <rectangle>?

Screen Shot 2016-09-22 at 23.30.17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Monica,

I have the same issue but I just checked my layers according to your instructions. All my shapes are created as Paths! How do I change this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

denisep26679753  schrieb

Hey Monica,

I have the same issue but I just checked my layers according to your instructions. All my shapes are created as Paths! How do I change this?

And what is your problem? Or your version?

Maybe Object > SHape > Convert to Rectangle will solve your issue, but that depends on what your issue and version is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CS6. I do not have Shape as an option in the Object menu.
Does this mean rectangle properties aren't available for CS6?

I want to create a round edge rectangle and edit the radius after it has been created. How do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For your version, create a normal rectangle and use Effect > Stylize > Round Corners.

You can change it later in the Apperance panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops! Sorry Ton, put this together before seeing your post 🙂 I hope you're keeping well x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't be sorry Angie, your post makes it even easier to understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ton! That was a perfect solution, helped me out a lot. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear that Denise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the object is a rectangle to which Live Corners have been applied, the Transform panel will look like this:

If the object is a path that was not drawn with the rectangle tool, the panel will look like this:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To address the title of your question, to have the ability to adjust rounded corners, start either by drawing a square cornered rectangle or by drawing a path with square corners.

If you select a square corned rectangle with the Selection tool, you will see Live Corner widgets. You can drag a widget to adjust the radius on all corners.

If the object has been drawn with a tool other than the Rectangle tool, as long as it has corners, you can select it with the Selection tool. Then switch to the Direct Selection tool to see the corner widgets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if you are using the latest version 2015.3.1

You may also check the Show/Hide Corner Widget in the View menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In CS6. If you draw a regular rectangle you can then apply the Round Corners effect.

Screenshot 2017-09-18 08.29.32.png

This remains "Live" and can be adjusted by selecting the Round corners effect in the Appearance panel

Screenshot 2017-09-18 08.30.22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines