• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to erase the bottom portion of a shape

Participant ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to cut the white upside down V shape on the bottom so it could stop right along the black line but the Path-Divide objects below isn't cutting it. Any other suggestions. Thank you in advanceScreen Shot 2022-05-08 at 8.05.32 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrea,

In order to be able to cut as you describe, the white upside down V shape has to be a closed filled path, so if you have a stroke/no fill path you must Object>Path>Outline Stroke first.

As I (mis)understand it, you already have the other parts of the artwork, and the red parts are cut or masked along the curved path (segment(s)) that forms the border between the black area and the tan area, probably forming part of a path with either fill colour.

You ought to be able to copy (the relevant parts of) that curved path (segment(s)) to the very front, then lock/hide everything else but the white upside down V shape, then apply Path-Divide objects below, then delete the unawnted end parts.

Otherwise, you ought to be able to cut/hide the ends of the white upside down V shape in basically the same (or opposite) way as you have cut/hidden the red paths, whether Live Paint Group/Shape Builder, Pathfinder, or Clipping/Opacity Mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give it a try thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome, Andrea.

I hope you will report your findings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines