• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How-To: Export from ai to pdf single drawing boards

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2024 Oct 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a problem, I have 25 drawing boards in illustrator and the file is saved as .ai, I want to export to single pdf for each drawing board, I've done it with export for screens, but the problem is that when I open the created pdf again into illustrator I see again all the 25 drawing boards and not the one that I exported in this pdf, it's very annoying, then I have to delete the drawing boards that I don't need. Anyone has a solution? Thank you!
TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 01, 2024 Oct 01, 2024

Hi Francesca,

The default PDF export settings will have Illustrator Editing turned on, which means that all artboards will be included in the file, even when they are not visible in Acrobat.

Save your file as .ai to keep a complete editable Illustrator file.

In Illustrator choose Edit > Adobe PDF Presets and create a new preset without Preserve Illustrator Editing Capabilities.

When choosing Export > Export for Screens choose PDF and click the  cog wheel to choose the export settings.

Select PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Francesca,

The default PDF export settings will have Illustrator Editing turned on, which means that all artboards will be included in the file, even when they are not visible in Acrobat.

Save your file as .ai to keep a complete editable Illustrator file.

In Illustrator choose Edit > Adobe PDF Presets and create a new preset without Preserve Illustrator Editing Capabilities.

When choosing Export > Export for Screens choose PDF and click the  cog wheel to choose the export settings.

Select PDF, choose the one you created without Preserve Illustrator Editing Capabilities and click Save Settings.

Select the Artboard you want to export and click Export Artboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2024 Oct 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, now it goes like I wanted! Thank you very much for your experience here it is really helpful when you have to export many drawing boards! It's really true, you never stop learning in life and that's the best! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And always use the original Illustrator file to edit. PDF is a final delivery format.

If you want to have separate Illustrator files, use the "Save each artboard to a separate file" checkbox in the Illustrator Options when saving as...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a yes, thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear that helped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines