• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to join 2 lines to create a shape

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created to lines that will join together to create a shape but I can not figure out how to joins the lines. I want to be able to create a fill for the shape. I have Drawn it out 2 different ways and I still can not figure it out. I have attached the file.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

muggednyc,

As I (mis)understand it, you have two stroked open paths, each having an end Anchor Point on a segment of the other.

If that is the case, you can turn them into one stroked closed path with the desired fill in the following simple insane way;

1) Select both paths and apply Pathfinder>Divide;

2) Reapply the stroke;

3) Apply the desired fill.

You will have more than a wee bit more Anchor Points than you started with.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to fill the inside, use live paint or the shapebuilder. If you want to have the back as a shape, expand the strokes (Object > Path > Outline stroke) and use the pathfinder panel (top left button)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply but none of those worked I outlined the stroke in the second shape in the file but when I merge them in pathfinder the merge but I can not change the inner fill color of the shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show that. Please make a screenshot as a PNG or JPEG (no PDF).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see your coolS.pdf, says preview not available, so a bit in the dark here, but if you have STROKES (you say lines, I'm not sure how you created them), you can select the end anchor points and select join (ctrl-J on PC [probably Cmd-J on Mac]).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can send you the file if that helps 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no thanks. do you have strokes? or do you have a four sided shape (fill) that approximates to a line?

strokeORfill.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

muggednyc,

As I (mis)understand it, you have two stroked open paths, each having an end Anchor Point on a segment of the other.

If that is the case, you can turn them into one stroked closed path with the desired fill in the following simple insane way;

1) Select both paths and apply Pathfinder>Divide;

2) Reapply the stroke;

3) Apply the desired fill.

You will have more than a wee bit more Anchor Points than you started with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Muggednyc, using the shapes with the outline strokes, add a fill rectangle behind.

Next, select and Object>Live Paint>Make.

Recolor as you wish.

Expand Live Paint.

Pathfinder> Unite same colors.

K

Screen Fill shapes.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines