• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to move lines along with other object?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have this graphics:

Výstřižek.PNG

What I want to accomplish is to attach all lines to the edges of the triangles, and then if I move a triangle, the associated lines move with it - they stay anchored to the respective edge of the triangle.

For example if I move the triangle on the right, this should happen:

Výstřižek2.PNG

Can you please help me how to accomplish this without having to move the lines manually?

Thanks a lot!

Tomas

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tomas,

You can (after having everything deselected) ClickDrag with the Direct Selection Tool over the triangle in question, then let go and ClickDrag the selection to the desired position.

With this, the relevant line end Anchor Points will be selected and moved with the triangle.

It is crucial to select the triangle, the whole triangle, and nothing but the triangle (along with coinciding line ends).

In this connexion, only Anchor Points count.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are obviously looking for something that is available in some other applications: Dynamic Connector Lines.

Unfortunately, that's not available in Illustrator. In some cases one can create something similar with brush objects, but it's rather a crude workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Essentially, it sounds like you are asking if there is a way to group anchor points in AI and I am afraid that there is not. You will have to select the points with the triangles as @Jacob Bugge has stated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines