• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Remove or Delete existing drop shadow?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, I am doing some AI editing and want to remove the drop shadow. How do I do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends on whether the shadow is still live or already expanded.

If it is still live, select the object, open the appearance panel and delete the effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Monica, Thank you for the info. I figured I shut myself out. With that said, I just went back to old faithful...  sending the file to Photoshop, removed shadow, then sent back AI. Wasted lots of time, but I got it done Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By editing in Photoshop you rasterized your image. That's not desirable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In most cases, I would concur. What I am doing is taking a Finished product and converting it back to plain line art. Problem arose with the shadow becoming a solid attribute. The line art is heading to a plotter. Been using Photoshop for decades. AI just a couple weeks. "Newb" I be. I must try and change the way I approach such projects. I do appreciate you and all the other users that are eager to assist. Maybe someday soon I will have enough knowledge to return the favors!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Click on the image that has the drop shadow. Go to Window menu and open the Appearance panel. Scroll and you will see drop shadow. Double click on the drop shadow and the drop shadow window will appear. You can delete it or make changes.

If the image is not live anymore got to Edit /  edit original and then you can proceed by editing the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the path eraser instead of the eraser itself

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having an issue where I couldn't find the drop shadow. What solved it for me was to isolate the element that had the shadow. Then the check box for drop shadow became active in the appearance window. If this still doesn't do it, it's possible there are groups within the group. (I had selected multiple elements and applied the drop shadow to all of them at once.) These need to be isolated separately, then the drop shadow check box becomes visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines