• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to script the 'Export as...' feature?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to export artboards as PNG files in a JavaScript. In the past I used the ExportOptionsPNG24, but font comes out fussy in small sizes.

Is there a way to script the export-as-feature in Illustrator? (File > Export as > PNG with artboards and anti-aliasing/Type optimized)

I haven’t found anything in the scripting reference 2017:

http://wwwimages.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/illustrator/sdk/CC2017/Illustrator_JavaScript... (edited)

Any hints welcome. I just want to know, if it's possible. No need for a final script. 😉

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Some of the "Export" features are buggy or absent from the scripting commands. Thankfully, in versions starting with CS6, we have been able to play Actions from the actions panel as well as loading those actions in from a .aia text file.

When the scripting command come short of your needs, you can create an action file, load it, and play it to get your export working for sure. You may be intimidated by the .aia file's content if you're first starting out, but conveniently I have made a small tuto

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the "Export" features are buggy or absent from the scripting commands. Thankfully, in versions starting with CS6, we have been able to play Actions from the actions panel as well as loading those actions in from a .aia text file.

When the scripting command come short of your needs, you can create an action file, load it, and play it to get your export working for sure. You may be intimidated by the .aia file's content if you're first starting out, but conveniently I have made a small tutorial here just for this purpose!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a ton, Silly-V,

I thought of using actions, but wasn't aware that I can add it to my script and use my own variables.

Very helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines