• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to stop 3D realtime updates for performance reasons?

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could find an option to disable realtime updates of the 3d object. If it's a complex object I have to wait forever for it to finish loading after changing a single number (the rotation values for example) before changing the next one. So going from x value -1.5 to -22.5 for example would take 3 different instances of waiting for it to load. I'd like the make changes to all the values before it tries to update. Does anyone know how to do this?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Hi @pinnaclesignslr,

Thanks for reaching out. 3D real-time updates can be stopped by unchecking Ray Tracing and then clicking the render button in the 3D & Materials panel or simply clicking the "render with ray tracing" button to switch to real-time preview.

Anshul_Saini_0-1674225482436.png

Anshul_Saini_2-1674226130717.png

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried switching to Outline mode? It wont render or show the 3D object. Change back to preview when ready.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can turn off Realtime drawing in the preferences.

You could also turn off Raytracing in the 3D & Materials panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @pinnaclesignslr,

Thanks for reaching out. 3D real-time updates can be stopped by unchecking Ray Tracing and then clicking the render button in the 3D & Materials panel or simply clicking the "render with ray tracing" button to switch to real-time preview.

Anshul_Saini_0-1674225482436.png

Anshul_Saini_2-1674226130717.png

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines