• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to UNDO a revert in Illustrator CC????

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2015 Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously Adobe!!!! Adding a shortcut that's close to cmd-Z that REVERTS your entire project!!! Just lost 2 hours of work!! How do I undo this revert????????????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 26, 2015 Jan 26, 2015

Many people delete the shortcut because of this.

Other than using your own backup you can't undo it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many people delete the shortcut because of this.

Other than using your own backup you can't undo it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks so much. I've deleted that silly shortcut - I don't know why they would ship new software with a shortcut that sits so close to cmd-z that you can't undo..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even further so, that is how you undo multiple steps in photoshop. Come on Adobe!!! Extremely weakly thought out user experience for Christ's sake!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there were no saves for 2 hours, even a local backup would not help.

It is easy to forget to save (we're all guilty). If I'm working on an complex file, I try to "Save As" every hour or so. That way I always have a "fall-back" file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I was working on a deadline, and was sketching and got in the zone, and when I meant to cmd-z a pop-up appeared and I dismissed it and with it my work! Angry at myself mostly, but still a bad idea to ship something that permanent with the new suite. It's just not something you expect to happen accidentally.... ever! Lesson learned  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. Not using CC so  have not run into that. Surely Adobe could find a suitable "Auto-Save" option for Illustrator. "Save-A-Copy" every set number of minutes would be nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the plugin Autosaviour. There's even a free version available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is infuriating, I just lost a good hour of work because I accidentally hit revert. I'm normally really fast with my hotkey presses (was reaching for cmd alt p for art boards) so I can't fathom what brilliant developer thought this was a good idea. It's late I have a tight deadline and I'm now on a mission to have this removed from the entire adobe suite.  Honestly what kind of a useless short cut to have on CC. Can they at least make a revert for the revert itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if you delete the shortcut, I'd recommend working on a "synced" folder such as Dropbox or GoogleDrive. Then you can always retrieve an earlier version of the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not even a good shortcut to have when you're working extensively on a project! Adobe, what were you thinking!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you remove this stupid shortcut?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same way you modify any keyboard shortcut. From Edit>Keyboard Shortcuts (should be the second from the bottom) find the shortcut you want to modify (should in the Menu Commands).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Champion!!! Thanks!

Done and dusted!!

Paul Sonsie (personal information removed)

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 1:12 PM, Larry G. Schneider <

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. I just got nailed by this. No I hadn't saved, was about to, just primming the doc a bit more. I have spent about 1 - 1-1/2 hours on these changes that I need to get to legal ASAP. I'm screwed.  I will do the shortcut now. And yes, I too cannot believe that for 4-5 years this has not been address in a 'release' rather than a task the user must implement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kau Tau ANjing???? AHH Kimak Kau Kontol AKu Bikin Project Lama Lama Gak Sengaja Kerevert Kontol Babi Kau Pukimak Anjing Adobe Anjing. Project Ku Udah Bagus Bagus Ya Babiii Kontol Mati aja kau

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kirain Ngasih Jawaban Anjeng Memang 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2015 Sep 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe this!!! I just lost everything!!! This short cut is like keeping a small bottle of hydrofluoric acid in the medicine cupboard, right next to the eye drops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

silly short cut. very silly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happened to me today!  Thanks for the recommendation to delete the shortcut. But I too lost several hours of work.  Live and learn.  I think the biggest issue I worry about is not being able to render as good a version as I originally created. But then fortunately, the zen in me remembers: "practice makes perfect" and this version will be much better.  LOL Arrrrgh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2016 Apr 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unbelievable!! it still can except the reality that I have lost all my work!! Adobe you should take note.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2016 Jul 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im gonna cry too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

man. unbelievable short cut. probably everyone that uses this shortcut is by mistake..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lord why did i do this! please help me UnRevert this mess it was an accident i swear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big companies like Adobe only care about profits nothing else! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines