• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use WidthMarkerFlags in sAIBeautifulStrokes->SetCenteredWidthAtDistance()

Engaged ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having some trouble understanding the difference between the various WidthMarkerFlags for applying varied stroke widths with AIBeautifulStrokes. The different options all seem to produce the same results, but none of them are what I need. Here I've added a tinted blue line to show the 1-pt minimum stroke width I want, yet they all curve to make a narrower width of about .4 in the middle. 

RickEJohnson_1-1657666966628.png

Here's a portion of the code:

sAIBeautifulStrokes->SetCenteredWidthAtDistance(aArt, 0, 4, kCornerWidthMarker);
sAIBeautifulStrokes->SetCenteredWidthAtDistance(aArt, 0.25, 1, kCornerWidthMarker);
sAIBeautifulStrokes->SetCenteredWidthAtDistance(aArt, 0.75, 1, kCornerWidthMarker);
sAIBeautifulStrokes->SetCenteredWidthAtDistance(aArt, 1, 4, kCornerWidthMarker);

I'd expected kCornerWidthMarker to make a linear taper between markers, but it doesn't. In fact, I converted all of these paths to outlines and stacked them to find that they're all exactly alike -- the WidthMarkerFlags made no difference whatsoever! Am I using them wrong, or is this a bug?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Rick E Johnson,

Sorry for the late response. I hope the problem is resolved by now. If not, kindly try the developer console website (https://console.adobe.io/servicesandapis), select Illustrator from the product list, and you should be able to download the required documentation to learn more about the SDK.

Kindly update this thread if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, sorry, there is no resolution. I suspect this is a bug with no workaround. Thanks for getting back to me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines