Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to warp an oblong label

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I' hoping someone can help.  I'm a bit of a newbie to illustrator, but I've managed to create an oblong label.  To place this on a conical pot I need to send the artwork to the printer.  I know the taper should be 11 degrees and I can warp my image.  So far so good.  problem is the bleed line and outline doesn't warp.  I'm hoping someone can please help.  It's driving me mad! thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please show a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Monika said, it would be helpful to see what you have done so far. Did you get a printing template from the printer to work with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would probably make more sense to do the math on the actual parameters of the cone and draw the whole thing cleanly. There's enough online calculators for unwrapped cone surfaces and once you have the values it would be easy enough to draw the partial circles in AI and draw everything you need in a clean manner...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines