• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Huge lag in the latest version of Adobe Illustrator (2024)

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing huge lag, very slow responce of Adobe Illustrator lately.
I mean it even reaches 3+ seconds between each click, along with interface glitches and some weird errors.

When I say weird errors one example is typing "290" in the Y field from the Transform window and after pressing Enter the number is 260.

I tried every solution I found on the internet: resetting preferences, disabling animated zoom, file handling settings, scratch disks, page file settings, uninstall and clean install, etc.
Nothing works... I'm very late on my assignments.

The only solution I found was to return to version 2.9.3
This one lacks AI and it is possible that other versions before 28.4 will perform well, but I can't afford to waste more time testing. For the moment this is the solution to continue and speed up my work.

I have Windows 11 Pro with:
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, 3700Mhz
- 48GB RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 256-bit
- SSD M.2 for OS and SSD SATA-III for projects

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check if your graphic card driver is updated to the most recent version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS and all drivers are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Claudiu34189224e7os,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind trying the suggestions shared in this help article () to check if they help? Also, try performing a clean reinstallation of the GPU drivers (Intel / NVIDIA / AMD) and setting the Graphics Preference to High-Performance for Illustrator (https://adobe.ly/3UcjW3I) and share your observations.

If the problem persists, kindly try to run Illustrator under a different administrator account (Windows / macOS) to see if it helps.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already done a GPU driver clean installation.
The OS I'm currently working on is pretty fresh anyway (it was installed 2-3 months ago).

The thing is that I have this problem on 2 different pc's.

The one I frequently work on and mentioned and another one, in my office, which has win 10 and a different configuration.

If it's not a bug, I tend to believe it's a font-related issue.

Somehow, even in slightly older versions, when I was including more text in a file or text grouped into a clipping mask, Illustrator started to be slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Claudiu34189224e7os,

Sorry to hear that the suggestions shared did not help. Would you mind sharing a public link to a sample file after uploading it to Dropbox/Google Drive/etc. so we can check it on our end?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I cannot share my work because the assets are the property of the client and subject to the terms of the contract.

But I can say for sure that those files that include text in any form are the most problematic. In all versions from 27.9.3 onwards, except the latest (28.5 from May 3, which I have not tried)

I only use the San Francisco font family.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2024 May 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem after last update.. Illustrator's interface has become increddibly laggy.. trying to select anything takes seconds..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2024 May 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I did the last update since then and the problem seems to be solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2024 May 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

28.5 from May 3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines