• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am not seeing the option to bold on Illustrator

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very new to Adobe and am currently having to use Illustrator for a class. I am not seeing any other type style than Regular. I am not able to bold, italicize, etc. I have searched everywhere and gotten no answers. Please help.

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Unlike Microsoft Word, Illustrator does not do computerized bolding and italicizing. In order to get Bold or Italic you need to have the bold or italic version of the font installed on your computer.

You can fake it in Illustrator by adding a stroke to regular text to make it appear bolder. You can fake italic by doing what Illustrator calls 'shearing'. However, for the best typography results you should install the bold or italic version of the font.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unlike Microsoft Word, Illustrator does not do computerized bolding and italicizing. In order to get Bold or Italic you need to have the bold or italic version of the font installed on your computer.

You can fake it in Illustrator by adding a stroke to regular text to make it appear bolder. You can fake italic by doing what Illustrator calls 'shearing'. However, for the best typography results you should install the bold or italic version of the font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines