• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i can't change 3d color materials in illustrator, may update 2022

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can't change 3d color materials in illustrator, I've done the update of May 2022. Can anyone solve this problem?

TOPICS
Feature request , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Mariacarlos,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Kindly share a screen recording of the problem you are facing.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different materials have different parameters that can be changed. Which material are you using? Can you show a screenshot of the colour options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a printscreen, I used the Gold Natural material as an example.
After it I did the same thing  using my sister computer, which hasn't done the recent update, and she has the "Main Parameters" access. So I assumed that with the new update I can now add graphics to the objects, but it seems it lost some features on the materials. Any clue?

Captura de ecrã 2022-05-25, às 10.14.26.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, can you share with us a screenshot of the properties panel of 3D & materials? If you apply a material you should find something like color with a little square of the color. My Ui is in French but you should  find the way 😉 
And some help : https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/create-3d-graphics.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing I did was google it I found immediatly how to change the color on youtube, the thing is my illustrator doesn't show those options. I assumed it must be the new update, some bug. Captura de ecrã 2022-05-25, às 10.14.26.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the options I see. AI version 26.3.1 on Windows:

DougARoberts_0-1653471210437.png

It could be a Mac OS issue? @Anubhav Majumder can you advise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS BIG Sur 11.6.4 
recent Illustrator update: 26.31

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello you have the color just under repeat on your screenshot. Clic on the yellow square and you can change the color 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that's a screenshot from Doug, not the OP @Mariacarlos 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello you have the color just under repeat on your screenshot. Clic on the yellow square and you can change the color 😉

By @Alexandre Becquet

I'm aware, but I'm not the one with the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry wrong post !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's not my screenshot, it from Doug. My doesn't appear. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To summarize, @Mariacarlos's screenshot is here, and mine is here. Those are the relevant issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the moment the only way I was able to resolve this issue was by uninstalling v26.31 and installing v26.21.  Now I have the properties for the materials showing again.  Lets hope they fix the bug soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I’m running into the same issue. I posted about it here in the Discord: https://discord.com/channels/634884897185595412/637037500451258369/977923618849816639

To repeat it here, though, my panel seems to be missing every option within "Main Parameters" aside from "Repeat" and "Resolution" for materials that I know previously had a ton of additional options. (This is occurring for both built-in materials and custom Substance materials that I downloaded and added.)

This is on v26.3.1 of Illustrator (I'm also on macOS 12.4 with Apple Silicon).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have the same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is the same on all the materials?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. This is all I'm seeing for everything -- including materials that I previously used and know without a doubt that more options were available (which I why I'm suspecting some kind of bug).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this is on v26.3.1 of Illustrator (I'm also on macOS 12.4 with Apple Silicon).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may try if resetting the preferences helps:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nop, still the same.😢  As I said this is probably a bug of the new update Illustrator. v26.3.1 .

As anyone with this update where this feature of changing color in 3d materials is still on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same version as Doug, but I am on Mac, 26.3.1 and the color option is visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it depends on whether or not you have a Substance 3D subscription (It shouldn't, but that would be the bug.)? I don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't either. Does turning GPU on or off make a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines