• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illusrator options box that appears when saving a file only shows illustrator 2020 as an option

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so ive noticed when i go to save a file in illustrator and the illustrator options box appears you cannot save the file as anything past a illustrator 2020 file despite the fact that im using illustrator 2022, is this normal? should i be seeing illustrator 2022 as an option?

I've never though much about it because it doesn't affect my ability to open the file in illustrator 2022 and i dont have any issues using or obtaining new illustrator features, im just wondering why it shows only up to illustrator 2020 when you go to save the file. Ive attached an image of what im refering too.

TOPICS
Import and export , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It says 2020 because the fileformat has not changed.

Version 2020 is the correct way to save your files unless you need to hand over your files to someone who has a CC version or earlier. But in that case always use a copy because you can loose functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines