Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

illustator CS4 installation without CD-ROM

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I got Illustror CS4 for many years, and unfortunatly , i have to change my computer and the Original CD doesn't work very well... and my computer doesn't have any disc player.

How can I get the installation of CS4 , using my previous Serial Number ?

Thanks for your help.

B regards .

Laurent

TOPICS
Feature request , How-to , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The activation servers for versions CS2-CS4 have been shut down so even if you could install CS4 you would not be able to activate it. Also you would not be able to install CS4 on any new computer anyway since the most recent operating systems do not support it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2024 Aug 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe has worked very hard for quite a while to build the subscription model, specifically to prevent people from being able to continue to use the software they already paid for.

Im sure there's some convoluted workaround that could possibly work, but IMO, the amount of work that would go into that would be worth more than the subscription fee.

There are some other free vector based software out there, but i cant vouch for any of it because ive always had access to illustrator through my school or employer.

Best of luck on your mission if you choose to continue. Please circle back and let us know if you find anything. Surely theres at least one other person out there with the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines