• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2017 Application Frame opens offscreen on second monitor and i can't reset it to be fully onscreen

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when i create a new document it's mostly off the page, toolbars off the page.

Tried changing Wordspaces, no luck.   'Float in Windows' will at least get my document to center on screen... but Application Frame (and toolbars) still display way off screen.   Pressing 'F' for fullscreen works - but as soon as i go  out of fullscreen it goes back offscreen.  Sometimes turning off Application Frame make everything work fine (ie. toolbars all become visible)

This happens on my MacBook Pro (rentina 2014) Running El Capitan (10.11.6)

This has only started happening since upgrading to 2017 version of illustrator.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone?   Nobody from the Adobe team on here?

This is now happening to me in photoshop as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't already tried this, you can go to System Preferences (under the apple icon)> Displays> Arrangement, try different resolution settings, try dragging the screens around, try dragging the little white rectangle around (the menu bar).Display.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This led me to get my Application Frame back when I did the following on my iMac.

I turned on Illustrator's Application Frame which essentially made the entire interface disappear off-screen. Opening System Prefs > Display, I changed the resolution to Scaled and picked the lowest setting. That revealed a portion of the Application Frame and allowed me to drag it across the screen until I could click the green Maximize button.

I set my resolution back to the default and clicked Maximize again to fill the screen. I also then quit and reopened Illustrator to see if the change stuck. No dice. I need to repeat this process every time I open Illustrator now. So frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, same here, the scaling as you said above, makes it possible to get control of this agian. This constantly happens to me too. Incredably frustrating. I'm sure my boss would love to hear how the program we spend thousands of dollars on a year, just wasted an hour of company time trying to simply open a usable window. Like you said 6 years ago - So frustrating. Way to go Adobe! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines